Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Praying for the Carmelites

Carmelites have a special place in my heart. I grew in a parish where the patron is a discalced carmelite, Saint Therese of the Child Jesus. Since then I was devoted to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Through the years, I learned more about them and their spirituality and I grew in love too with Saint Teresa of Avila and Saint John of the Cross.

As we has the Mass in honor of Saint Teresa de Avila yesterday, October 15, I prayed for my prayer partner, Sr. Bernina of the Holy Family, O.C.D., who in faith never abandoned me and constantly prays for my intentions. I also remembered my professor, Ms. Cleofe O. Ciar, M.A., who never failed to exhort me in prayer. This evening as I knelt in from of the pilgrim image of Our Lady of Fatima in the cathedral, I asked the Blessed Mother to enlighten me more in my vocation. Carmel has been my first love and feel I am still called to ascent to the spiritual mountain.

May the Lord show me the true way. Saint Teresa of Avila, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment