Saturday, October 5, 2013

A blessed mishap

I left our house at 10:30 AM bound for Pacita Complex to pass our presentations planning that I should be back in LB in time to serve for Mass. When already in San Pedro I thought of passing by a co-seminarian's house then proceed with my endeavor. I did and as I was on my way to Pacita crossing the San Pedro bridge, the van's clutch malfunctioned and I couldn't shift gears. I only had a thousand in my pocket and I was problematic how things might work out. I was in the side way for almost two hours. Thank God there was a tricycle driver who generously offered me help by pushing the van to a better station and pointed me to an auto-shop a few meters across the street. I also extend my gratitude to Mr. Simatu who was about to go home but was interrupted just so fix my vehicle. He wasn't really a mechanic but a patrol officer I think as he said and a part-time jeepney driver.

It was a new experience. I had my cellphone with me but I did not call home for help. I thought there are a lot of people around and I could have used their help, which I did. If I were bringing the seminary van and I don't have a phone with me, what would I do? That I did.

I'm home safe, 7:45 PM, and wasn't able to serve in the Mass. I'll make up for it tomorrow and thank the Lord for not leaving me abandoned in the unfamiliar streets of San Pedro

God was at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment