Friday, June 27, 2014

Devotion teaching mercy


Are you familiar with this scapular?

Yes I know what you are thinking. My grandmother and a bunch of old ladies in church wear these.

I remember when I was young I used to play around my aunt's house and there I saw these red ribbons with unusual markings at the end. Back then I didn't know that they were scapulars and so I played with it trying to figure out what were those. After some time they got entangled. When my aunt and grandmother saw their scapulars were entangled, they reprimanded me for my actions. Of course I felt bad and that marked my heart so bad that I said when I have money I will buy them replacements. They said the scapulars they wear during Mass were expensive. But growing up I learned they just cost P40.00.

The Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus reminds us of that infinite love of our Lord for all humanity. His heart is surrounded by the crown of thorns that continues to pierce it so badly that it bleeds. Even at the climax of salvation at the top of Calvary as Jesus laid breathless on the cross, as He shed His precious blood for the remission of sin, still today people continue to persecute His heart because of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment