Saturday, September 21, 2013

Live like the Little Flower

Browsing a commemorative calendar of the Missionary Catechists of St. Therese which was founded by the late Archbishop of Lipa, Rufino Obviar, I stumbled upon one of his excellency's notes. It wrote:

"Live like the Little Flower, to offer the little things that came to your life,
little displeasures and everything that you could offer to the Lord."

I began meditating and deeply pondered on his words that followed:

"Look at the branches of the mango trees.
They are bent when they are filled with fruits. They are erect when they are empty."

Today starts the novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus who teaches us the sure way to heaven - a gaze of loving humility. She taught no dogma but lived her life totally out of love. This is why she was declared a Doctor of the Church, the Doctor Amoris (Doctor of Love), and was esteemed as the Millennium Saint. She is a model for our contemporary life where we need love the most. For the next days, we pray to her intercession asking that we too may live as she deed, to follow her example and be truly conformed to the image and likeness of Christ, who gives His total self for love of God and others.

The relics of St. Therese in her 3rd Pilgrim Visit to the Philippines.
My hand, in black cassock and laced surplice, touching her.

NOVENA PRAYER

Dearest Saint Therese of Lisieux, you said that you would spend your time in heaven doing good on earth. Your trust in God was complete. Pray that He may increase my trust in His goodness and mercy as I ask for the following petitions…

(State your intentions)

Pray for me that I, like you, may have great and innocent confidence in the loving promises of our God. Pray that I may live my life in union with God’s plan for me, and one day see the Face of God whom you loved so deeply.

Saint Therese, you were faithful to God up until the moment of your death. Pray for me that I may be faithful to our loving God. May my life bring peace and love to the world through faithful endurance in love for God our savior. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment